Lucas County Online Application Form
Online Application Form
Use the form below to submit an online employment application. Please be sure to attach any required documentation, at the bottom of the form.
Executive Director Job Description - CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS
CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS
VETERANS SERVICE COMMISSION
Veteran Service Commission
2595 Arlington Ave., Suite 201, Toledo, OH 43614
8:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M., Monday – Friday. May also require occasional hours on weekends or after hours to attend and represent the Agency at special Veteran functions.
$70,000 to $90,000
Annually; starting compensation will be based upon qualifications and experience
CIVIL SERVICE STATUS:
Unclassified, Non-Bargaining Unit Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Exempt (Executive)
Under the direction of the Lucas County Veterans Service Board the Director is responsible for but not limited to the day-to-day operations of the Lucas County Veterans Service Commission
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- The implementation of programs and policies as established and approved by the Lucas County Veterans Service Board of Commissioners including but not limited to outreach and coordination with other agencies to augment available services to veterans in Lucas County.
- Advise and recommend the hiring of staff as needed or required to implement the programs and policies established by the Lucas County Veterans Service Board and supervise the staff in the day-to-day operations of the Lucas County Veterans Service Commission and administration of Collection barraging agreement.
- Assigns work performed by staff. Completes evaluation of performance as needed. Counsel or discipline as required up to and including written reprimands, resolve grievances at his/her level and authorize or approve the use of accrued sick leave, vacation leave or compensatory time as requested.
- Assist and provide direction to the Veterans Service Board of Commissioners in promoting, monitoring and providing the necessary funding for ongoing education and training for Veterans Service Officers and other members of staff as needed or required.
- Prepare and submit to the Lucas County Board of Commissioners budgets as required and defined in the Ohio Revised Code Title 59, Section 5901.11 Budget Process that have been pre-approved by the Veterans Service Board of Commissioners.
- Provide reports as requested or required to the members of the Veterans Service Board of Commissioners detailing the daily operations of the Veterans Service Commission and assist the Board members in the interpretation and preparation of these reports that may be required for the veterans organizations represented on the Commission and to other entities as required.
- Ensure the implementation of regularly scheduled routes for veterans to and from Veteran Administration Medical Centers as established by the Veterans Service Commission Board of Commissioners.
- Participate in appropriate memorial and commemorative veteran activities to promote patriotism and veterans service awareness.
- Assist the VSC Board of Commissioners to develop new programs of outreach and partnerships in the county that benefit veterans and the families of veterans.
- Proven ability to work under stressful situations and consistently make the appropriate decision under VSC guidelines.
- Perform a wide variety of tasks and special assignments as directed by the Veteran Service Commission Board of Directors.
- Be familiar with the VSC policies and procedures, ORC 5901 and other laws as they may relate to job responsibilities and corresponding job functions.
- Meets “Veteran” definition, as defined by the Ohio Revised Code, ORC, Section 5901.01.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Social Work or related field and Three (3) years documented supervisory experience in a finance or a social service environment or any other combination of work experience, training and education that is acceptable to the employer.
- VSC policies and procedures;
- Computer operations (e.g., Microsoft Office, Group Wise, and other related software on the State computer system);
- Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, guidelines and regulations regarding VSC Programs
- Office practices and procedures pertaining to VSC support programs;
- Program implementation of client assistance issues;
- Union Contract negotiations;
- Oral communications;
- Performing computer operations (e.g., Microsoft Office, Group Wise, Word Perfect, and other related State software);
- Public speaking;
- Explain legal or technical material to others;
- Extract information from various sources;
- Listen for problems or issues and provide responses or explanations;
- Maintain accurate records;
- Prepare correspondence;
- Speak before an audience;
- Use computers (e.g., Microsoft Office, Group Wise and other related State software);
Other Employment Opportunities
- Fulton County Garage – 8878 State Route 108, Wauseon, OH
- Henry County Garage – 9733 State Route 110, Napoleon, OH
- Lucas County Garage – 4080 Technology Dr., Maumee, OH
- Ottawa County Garage – 307 S. Railroad St., Oak Harbor, OH
- Sandusky County Garage – 1891 N. State Route 53, Fremont, OH
- Seneca County Garage – 3390 South State Route 100, Tiffin, OH
- Williams County Garage – 1825 Magda Dr., Montpelier, OH
- Wood County Garage – 955 Mitchell Rd., Bowling Green, OH
- Northwood Outpost – 200 Lemoyne Rd., Northwood, OH
We will be accepting applications fromMarch 17, 2021 – Ongoing
External State of Ohio Employees Only:Please click on the hyperlinked position title above to view details and to apply for this position. Click on the “Apply online” button towards the top left of the page or visithttp://www.careers.ohio.gov/ which re-direct you to the State of Ohio portal for submitting applications.
All applications must clearly indicate how the minimum qualifications &/or position specific minimum qualifications, if applicable, are met. Applications that do not, will not be given consideration.
Do not use the Back arrow on your internet browser! Using the Back arrow may cause your information to be lost. Make sure you also periodically save your information to help avoid this problem.
Check back for additional employment opportunities.
VETERANS CRISIS LINE
The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders through a confidential toll-free hotline. Veterans and their loved ones can call 1-800-273-8255 and press 1 to receive confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Support for individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing can click here for support. Veterans Crisis Line
REQUEST A SERVICE OFFICER
Have and upcoming event? Request a Service Officer to attend it and serve you.
Stay connected on all the most recent information, including calendars, news and events
that the Veterans Service Commission offers.